Industry Press / 01.07.19
TodayTix Launches, Bringing Affordable Theatre Tickets to Australia
- TodayTix officially arrives in Australia with a Melbourne launch
- The Friday Forty offers $40 tickets to “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” via digital lottery exclusively on TodayTix
- The app’s Melbourne launch will be followed soon after by launches in Sydney and Brisbane this year
- Theatre partners include “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child,” Opera Australia, Melbourne Theatre Company, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, La Mama Theatre, and more.
MEL, January 7, 2019: TodayTix, the global ticketing platform connecting audiences to live performances around the world, has launched in Australia, giving access to the year's biggest production – “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” in Melbourne.
TodayTix connects audiences to more than 1,200 live performance venues around the world. Operating in the world’s most iconic theatre markets, they secure the best priced premium, affordable and last-minute tickets available for the shows everyone is talking about.
TodayTix CEO and Co-Founder, Brian Fenty, said "We are living in an age of convenience and speed being at the top of everyone's priority list, and TodayTix checks both of those boxes when it comes to ticket-buying. We do the work of finding the best prices to the shows in your city and get your tickets in just a few clicks. We are thrilled to be a part of the Australian arts landscape with our launch in Melbourne and look forward to expanding to more cities this year."
TodayTix gives audiences access to tickets up to 75% off the box office price. Through an emphasis on mobile technology, clarity on prices, and partnerships with the most in-demand shows, TodayTix has reconnected young audiences with the arts – 65% of TodayTix customers are Millennials.
Coinciding with the platform’s arrival in Melbourne, from this Friday 11 January, “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’ will begin releasing 40 tickets for every performance at just $40 per part, exclusively on TodayTix. These tickets are known as the “Friday Forty” and offer some of the best seats in the theatre. Theatregoers can enter for a chance at these $40 tickets every week, Monday through Friday, on the TodayTix website or app.
TodayTix plans to expand in Sydney and Brisbane in the coming months. For updates and to learn more, visit www.todaytix.com or download TodayTix for iOS or Android.
Notes to Editor
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Friday Forty on TodayTix
● Theatregoers can enter the Friday Forty each Monday from 12:01AM AEDT until 1:00PM AEDT Friday for the following week’s performances.
● Winners will be notified between 1:00 PM AEDT and 5:00 PM AEDT each Friday
● Winners pay $80 total ($40 per part) per person, securing a seat for both Part One and Part Two in consecutive performances the following week
● Winners are able to purchase a maximum of two tickets for both Part One and Part Two in one transaction
● Multi-award-winning theatrical event Harry Potter and the Cursed Child opens exclusively at Melbourne’s newly renovated Princess Theatre with preview performances beginning next week
● The Friday Forty lottery is a tradition started by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London and adopted by the Broadway production
TodayTix is a global ticketing platform connecting audiences to live performances around the world. Through effortless access to the best prices, insightful guidance to the top shows and thoughtful service at each moment along the way, TodayTix enables people to discover the best that their city has to offer. Operating in the world’s most iconic arts markets, TodayTix secures the best discounted and premium-priced tickets available for the shows everyone is talking about in New York City, London’s West End, Melbourne, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Philadelphia, Connecticut, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Houston, and Dallas-Fort Worth. Since launching TodayTix in New York City in December 2013 by life-long friends and Broadway producers Merritt Baer and Brian Fenty, the company has quickly amassed partnerships with more than 1,200 arts institutions globally. To learn more, visit www.todaytix.com or download TodayTix for iOS or Android.
TodayTix Media Contacts:
Adam Leach - email@example.com M: +61 484 866 430
Romina Favero - firstname.lastname@example.org M: +61 425 865 057
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Media Contacts:
Peter Bridges - email@example.com M: +61 417 390 180
Kasey Glazebrook - firstname.lastname@example.org M: +61 437 306 381